Wednesday 24 March 2010

Developing Arts for Health

I am currently studying the Developing Arts for Health course at Staffordshire University, it's not quite what I was expecting but it is proving to be quite interesting.

The course has helped me to better understand the project that we are doing at the dementia care home in Stoke on Trent and is making me a lot more passionate about the project. I'm using it as a case study for the research I'm doing as part of the course.

I've also had a look at the Dementia Studies courses that Stirling and Bradford Universities do, these look really interesting, especially this module at Stirling:

'Working with people with dementia: This module investigates different approaches used when working with people with dementia, focusing strongly on the role of communication. The roles of life story work and the arts, as well as design and technology in dementia care, are explored.'

I'll be doing some Life History training in work next week, so it will be interesting to see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment