Thursday 15 October 2009

from a friend

'I was thinking of telling you about my Grandmother. She recently broke her arm. She’s 84 and it has knocked her for six. This has led to her having trouble remembering things, it is most probably not dementia and more likely to be confusion, but my dad was saying she is doing things like eating raw bacon sandwiches as she is forgetting to cook the bacon. Who knows?

It is hard to admit but this is easy for me to deal with as I am so far removed (physically) and not faced with it “out of sight, out of mind”, but I desperately want to put myself in a position where I am with her and want to help her, or just to be with her.

This got me wondered if you could utilise all of these confessions, if you haven’t already. It fascinates me. It’s people letting you in, maybe we don’t think people would be interested in hearing about these experiences.'

No comments:

Post a Comment