Thursday 5 November 2009

I think I'm Obsessing

A: ‘I was travelling on the train the other day and spotted a crumpled up chewing gum wrapper that had been left on the table in front of me. I started to think about how far the wrapper had travelled, how long had it been there? Who had sat next to it? What conversations had it witnessed? Who had left it there? I rather poetically began to think that the answers to all of these questions are captured in the folds of the wrapper.

I took the wrapper and put it in my pocket. But then started to feel guilty, that I was somehow preventing it from completing its journey. I decided to put it back. When I got off the train and put my hand in my pocket it was still there, I had forgotten.’


B: ‘But it’s rubbish! Isn’t it?’

No comments:

Post a Comment